Head of Psychology
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Ark Boulton Academy
Golden Hillock Road
Telephone Number: 0121 773 8156
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2022
Reports to: Director of Faculty
As a Head of Psychology, you will be accountable for the quality of learning and teaching within the department. You will work alongside the Director of Faculty in planning and developing an engaging and challenging curriculum to encourage desire to learn and inspire students to achieve excellent results.
You will also be responsible for monitoring student progress and the work of the department through regular lesson observations and where needed, provided detailed and constructive feedback. You will be responsible for developing and leading an exciting curriculum which enables the highest level of pupil progress and attainment and ensuring there is a high-quality teaching of the subject across the academy. as appropriate and developing strong partnerships and ensuring regular and productive communication with parents.
By joining Ark Boulton Academy means, you become part of a network of education experts who are all united by the same purpose - a commitment to making a difference where it matters most. Our motto ‘It takes a whole community to bring up a child’ represents the spirit within which we work. It influences the way we support each other, our parents,
students and other stakeholders.
Our staff are a valuable and integral part of our community and are given the room to grow and develop in an encouraging, challenging and rewarding environment. They are role-models and ambassadors for Boulton on a professional and public level. They reflect the virtues we promote which include courage, self-discipline, commitment, and honesty.
By becoming a member of our school family, you will embrace multiple opportunities for personal and professional development, not just within the school, but from the internationally renowned Ark family of schools we are a part of.
Through Ark, our staff can share best practice and receive training from some of the most talented individuals in the country.
Benefits of joining Ark Boulton include:
- staff wellbeing is one of our main priorities. We provide breakfast for staff each morning, soup for lunch and lunch for those on duty. We have parking available, a gym on site and a well-equipped staff room including a pool table
- our systems and processes for communication, marking and feedback and assessment are streamlined and the approaches we take are research led and based on the needs of our local context. For instance, at present we do not use traditional book marking across the school
- on Fridays children finish at 2pm, giving time and space for professional development amongst staff
- staff voice is important to us; we like to listen to our staff. We are always seeking feedback and input from our staff
- be qualified to degree level
- be qualified to teach in the UK
- be an excellent classroom practitioner and mentor
- have experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- have experience leading, coaching and managing staff
- have experience implementing behaviour management strategies consistently and effectively
- have good communication, planning and organising skills.
If you would like any further information about this role please contact the HR team on 0121 773 8156 or email email@example.com .
Closing Date: 4 July 2022, 9am
Please visit our school website for an application pack.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.