Building Services Manager
5 days left
Hours per week: 36.5 per week, all year round
Contract Type: Permanent
St Thomas CE Academy
Great Colmore Street
Telephone Number: 0121 622 2151
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: ASAP
We are looking to appoint a Building Services Manager. The successful candidate will need to be fit and able to cope with the physically challenging duties and have good IT, written and communication skills and be ready to deal with a variety of situations.
As an assistant building services supervisor you will be responsible for the management of the overall provision of security, janitorial and cleaning services at the school and associated staff, ensuring a clean, safe and secure environment for users of the school buildings and grounds.
The role will initially be based at St Thomas CE Academy.
St Thomas CE Academy and St John's & St Peter's CE Academy form All Saints Multi Academy Trust Birmingham.
Both schools have good bus and rail connections and are located within a 10 minute walk of Birmingham City Centre.
Duties will include but extensive to:
• opening the school premises in the morning
• responsible for the management of repairs and maintenance of the school site
• general porterage duties including movement of furniture and equipment within the school
• handyperson duties which may include minor repairs to furniture and fixtures and non specialist decorating tasks
• daily and periodic cleaning of designated areas of the school buildings and grounds according to schedule of work
To apply for this role you must have:
• experience in caretaking and cleaning duties
• knowledge of maintenance and cleaning techniques
• city & Guilds in cleaning techniques is desirable
• excellent organisation and communication skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• be committed to the strong Christian ethos of our schools
• be a team player who will work with colleagues across the multi academy trust
• speak fluent English as in accordance with part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016)
What we will offer the right person:
• energetic, enthusiastic, and confident children
• a supportive ethos of aspiration, ambition, and high achievement for all
• A dynamic, creative environment, encouraging collaboration and open to innovation
• a strong, dedicated team who work hard for our school community
• an enthusiastic leadership team, who are committed to supporting and developing colleagues
• a warm, family atmosphere
• ambition and vision for all within the All Saints Multi Academy Trust family
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 4 July 2022, 12 noon
For an application pack or more details please contact the school office – 0121 622 2151 or email email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.