Senior Administrative Support
5 days left
Senior Administrative Support
£22,571 to £27,514 pro rata Actual salary £19,636 to £23,937 per year
Hours per week: 36.50 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Bishop Vesey's Grammar School
Telephone Number: 0121 250 5400
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 1 September 2022
We have an exciting key vacancy to join the main school office in our dynamic and inclusive school. The successful candidate will share the aspirational ambitions of our school and work closely with the Senior Office Manager to manage and support various office functions. We are a happy and thriving school committed to equality and diversity. We
welcome colleagues from all backgrounds into our community. Our school is one of the leading state schools in England.
Duties will include:
• support to the Headteacher by producing confidential minutes of meetings
• providing PA support to the Senior Leadership Team to include organisation of events
• act as Deputy to the Senior Office Manager
• support the PE Department with administrative tasks
• use of SIMS (school information management system)
• provide administrative support for international and exchange visits
• administer first aid to students and liaise with the School Health Service in relation to student welfare
Do you have:
• significant experience in a PA or Senior Administrative role
• experience of working with a high level of autonomy with minimum supervision
• proven planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail
• demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills
• detailed knowledge and experience of using a broad range of software applications, including Microsoft applications
• educated to GCSE grade 9-4 (A*-C) in English Language or equivalent
• able to complete work to the required standards of accuracy and presentation
• able to work in a pressurised environment with the ability to organise and prioritise work
• wanting to be part of a warm, outward looking community, which celebrates diversity and is supportive and collaborative
• able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English
If so, we would encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
For informal enquiries please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager on 0121 250 5400 or at
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 4 July 2022, 9am
Application forms and further details are available from our school website
Interview Date: Friday 8 July 2022
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification.
Please note that we do not accept applications by CV.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.