Team Leader Area Engineer
Team Leader Area Engineer
Pay Scale: 09HC £34,373-££38,553
Closing Date: 15/07/2022
Interview Date: 25/07/2022
Herefordshire Council are an ambitious authority seeking to recruit a Team Leader in Transport Planning to lead an established team.
The post will lead a professional team who are responsible for all enquiries, planning pre-applications and applications relating to highways and transportation in Herefordshire. The post will need to organise, manage and allocate the work appropriately and monitor the performance of the team ensuring the key stakeholders have the appropriate response within reasonable allocated timescales. The post will also manage the team budget and also ensure the required improvements on the network required to mitigate any or all developments are delivered through S106 or S278 agreements. The post will also have close working relations with the S278 /S38 Manager, S106 Manager, Planning Team and the council’s service provider.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com