Family Time Workers
Job title: Family Time Workers
Salary: Grade 5 £20,043 - £21,269 plus essential car user allowance
Location: Codsall / South Staffordshire
Working pattern: Full time | 37hrs | Part Time | 18.5hrs | Permanent
Our Family Time Workers are crucial when it comes to supporting vulnerable children and families in our community and with flexible working you can fit work around your own commitments
About the role
Are you passionate about making a difference to children lives who are placed in local authority foster care? You’ll play a critical role in supporting children in understanding their birth identity and supervising their time with birth parents.
Children and their families are the centre of everything we do, and we’re looking for people to join us who have the skills to encourage and help maintain positive relationships between children and parents. We work with very vulnerable children and so we must ensure we maintain professional relationships whilst managing complex family needs and behaviours.
This role supports families to spend quality time together when they can’t live together and supports children in getting to and from school where absolutely necessary and to and from their time with their families.
There is a weekend rota and 1 in 4 weekends are worked to support our families.
We have vacancies across the county currently and this vacancy is for the South Staffordshire (Codsall) team.
What you’ll bring
As well as a passion for helping and supporting children and their families you’ll need to have:
- A minimum NVQ 3 in working with children and families or equivalent experience of working with children and families
- Experience of direct work with children, their families and carers in a statutory or voluntary agency which provides services to vulnerable children and their families
- Experience in the use of IT including Microsoft packages
- An understanding of child development and the effect of stress and trauma on child development
- An understanding of the key pieces of policy, guidance and legislation which govern children’s social care
- Have access to a vehicle and a driving licence
- Be flexible to work evenings and occasional weekends as needed to ensure we can provide support to families at suitable times. This might be working earlier some days doing school runs and family time in the mornings. Then other days it could be starting later so you can do school pick ups and family time after school until about 6:45pm. We do our rota’s around a month in advance though, so there’s plenty of opportunity to make your working hours work for you.
Need more information?
If you’re unsure whether your skills and experience meet the needs for the role though, please get in touch with us, we’d love to chat to you! You can reach us at Jennifer.email@example.com or on (01902) 506150.
Our offer to you
Staffordshire County Council has one of the largest Children’s Services in England and is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted which offers great opportunities to progress your career here. We’re known for our supportive approach and we want everyone here to have real purpose in their work and a good work life balance to have time to do the things we enjoy
Here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave. The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services) Eye care vouchers Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Sunday 10 July 2022
Interview Date: from 14 July 2022 exact date to be decided
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.