Senior Housing Solutions Officer
Why choose Us?
This is an exciting time to join Worcester City Council!
We may not be a large local authority but we still have ambitious plans, including the development of our historic and beautiful city, increasing tourism and driving economic vibrancy.
Working for Us
Worcester City Council is always on the lookout for talented individuals, who want to make a real difference to our city and can help us to continue building on our success.
We are committed to seeking excellence in everything we do, including smarter ways of working and enhancing employee wellbeing. We have moved away from traditional ways of working for the majority of our roles, towards agile working, including home working, hot desking and flexitime.
By encouraging better work-life balance, we gain a healthy, happy, engaged and thriving workforce, who then deliver meaningful outcomes for Worcester.
We will offer You
- Normally a 37-hour week, with annual leave starting at 25 days and rising to 30 days after 5 years' service, in addition to public holidays.
- A generous flexitime scheme (available for most roles) that can accrue an additional two days off per month
- An additional Fixed Day off over the Christmas period and you can purchase up to 5 additional days' holiday per year.
- Incremental pay increases within your grade, alongside any national pay awards.
- Flexible Working options including working from home, variance in weekly hours and/or a reduction in hours.
- Our valued Local Government Pension Scheme, where on average we contribute two thirds’ costs to an employee’s one third costs, with tax relief on these contributions, as well as protecting your family on your death
- You also have the option to exchange part of your pension for a tax-free cash sum on retirement.
- We want you to develop and thrive in your role so we will invest in your training and professional development, including any required Professional Subscriptions.
- A wide-ranging Benefits Platform, making your salary stretch further, with money-saving deals on your weekly groceries, high street retailers, technology purchases, holidays and luxury items, all accessible via an App on your personal devices.
- A Long Service Award
Supporting Your Wellbeing
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available 24 hours, to aid your work life balance.
- Time off given for Volunteering, for the benefit of Worcester.
- Heavily subsidised leisure activities at the Council’s Gyms and Swimming Pools.
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to electric bikes for travel between sites
- Subsidised eye tests and seasonal flu jabs
- Enhanced Family Friendly and Sickness policies
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, and flexible individual to join our busy Housing and Welfare Options team, providing technical support and management to frontline Housing Solutions Officers.
You will have experience of managing staff in a busy customer focussed environment and will have excellent knowledge and experience of housing law and practice in relation to housing allocations and homelessness. The most important qualities you will possess however are; an ability to communicate with a range of staff, customers and professionals in challenging circumstances; the ability to manage a busy workload; the flexibility to respond to the changing needs of the service and its customers; and a proactive and motivated attitude.
You will be working in a busy frontline housing service and no two days will be the same. The Senior Housing Solutions Officer plays a key role in driving the quality of the Housing Advice and Homelessness Service provided by Worcester City Council.
You will work in partnership with a range of organisations, including Children’s Services, housing associations and support agencies to ensure the best service is provided.
The successful applicant will be a strong team player and will have:
- Good educational standard to GCSE level, including Grade C or above in Maths & English
- Experience of working directly with homeless clients
- Experience of managing staff
- Experience of investigating homelessness and making decisions in accordance with homelessness legislation
- Extensive knowledge of the Housing Act Part VII (Homelessness) as amended, the Homelessness Reduction Act, the code of guidance and other legislation relating to homelessness and tenant/landlord relationships
- IT Literate including excellent ability to build reports and analyse data
- Experience of developing policies and procedures
If you would like an informal discussion about the role please contact Emma Jordan, Housing and Welfare Options Team Manager, on 01905 721121 or email@example.com