Fleet Services are seeking to recruit a Stores person, based at our Waterfall Lane Depot in Cradley Heath. You will work within a small, dedicated team that are a vital component in the efficiency of Fleet Services.
All Candidates must:
- Have experience working in stores including the use of computerized stock control system.
- Hold a category C driving licence.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- To order, receive and issue stock using stock control system
- Close liaison with Workshop Supervisor to ensure effective stock levels are maintained and stock control procedures are carried out.
- To maintain and update management information systems.
- To receive and process telephone calls
- To carry out random and regular stock checks as directed.
- To keep work area clean and tidy and ensure health and safety procedures, practices and safe methods of work are complied with, including the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- To collect spares and other general driving duties as directed.
- To assist the workshops by having spares readily available for collection by technicians in an effort to keep vehicle downtime to a minimum.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week on a weekly rolling shift pattern
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs