Assistant Catering Co-Ordinator
5 days left
ASSISTANT CATERING CO-ORDINATOR
Dates: Apply by 10am Tuesday 5 July 2022
Interviews: To be advised
Salary: Grade 4 - £19,650 - £20,043 (£10.39 – £10.60 per hour) per annum – pro rata
Actual starting salary £13,619 per annum
Contract type: 30 hours per week/Part Time/Term Time
Contract term: Permanent
Required by: September 2022
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated, organised and committed Assistant Catering Co-ordinator with good communication skills to join our friendly, experienced team. You would work under the direction of the Catering Manager but would also need to be able to inspire and lead a small team. Our ideal candidate is someone who is creative and able to use initiative, your skills in working with colleagues and young people are as important as previous catering experience.
Working hours are 8.00am – 14.00pm term time although there is scope to work additional hours at school events.
- You must be able to assist in the planning, operation and control of the production and service of school meals
- Be able to assist with menu options and advice on healthy eating and nutrition
- Assist with the ordering of all food and other commodities required from designated suppliers.
- Support in the operation of control stocks, stock records and ensure correct completion and submission of all appropriate returns and records to the deadline dates identified.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements relevant to the service, with particular regard to Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations and control of food allergens.
- Be responsible for delivering a good quality service that meets the required standards and the needs of the school.
- Wash and clear utensils and kitchen equipment, machinery and clean kitchen premises as required.
- Support in the preparation and assist at any special functions organised by the school.
- IT and administrative skills would also be ideal.
- Previous experience of working in a busy school kitchen is desirable.
King Edward VI School is a popular 11-18 comprehensive school rated Good by OfSTED in 2017 with recognition of outstanding practice and high expectations. The school is well-regarded within the community and has a reputation for high quality teaching. Lichfield is a small, vibrant cathedral city which is easily accessible from the surrounding areas.
For further information and all the documents you will need to make an application, please visit our website VACANCIES or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01543 255714.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (Formerly
CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.