Finance Internal Audit Officer (Shaw Education Trust)
Start date ASAP TBC
Permanent position Full time 37 hours
Salary Grade 7 scpt 24 £23,953 – scpt 28 £26,446
We are a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust who lead and manage academies in all phases, all sectors and in all communities. We believe that all children should have the opportunity to be successful, whatever their starting point. We pledge an unswerving commitment to improve, accelerate and enable ambitious life goals for all young people in our academies.
Shaw Education Trust is currently comprised of 28 academies and growing.
We are looking to appoint a Permanent Finance Internal Audit Officer to offer proactive and outstanding Finance support to our Academies. This will be based at SET Head Office, Kidsgrove Secondary School, however you will be required to travel to other schools within the Trust.
The Finance Internal Audit Officer will be responsible for supporting the Director of Financial Resource Management in ensuring that the Trust operates good financial governance in line with the requirements of the Academies Handbook published by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), the Trusts Financial Delegated Accountability Framework (DAF), internal and external policy and legislation.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Internal Audit Officer include:
- Work with the Director of Financial Resource Management to deliver the financial strategy and to facilitate the achievement of the Trusts’ objectives and development plans.
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over financial effectiveness, reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, etc. in order to ensure effective internal controls and compliance by the Trust and its academies.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
- Prepare the bi-annual Payment Practices report for submission to HMRC.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
We welcome applications from candidates with at least two years’ experience of working within a financial role and or willingness to work towards a finance qualification if not already qualified.
Please see job description and person specification for full details.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays) (pro rata) Support Staff only
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust including Apprenticeship Levy supported programmes up to Level 7.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Please refer to Shaw Education Website: www.shaw-education.org.uk to view the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
Further details and application forms are available from Shaw Education Website: www.shaweducation.org.uk/careers
Please submit completed application forms and recruitment monitoring forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised CV’s are not accepted, a SET application form must be submitted.
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th July 2022
Interview Date: TBC