Teaching and Learning Support Assistant x 2 (Weston Junior Academy)
Part time temporary until 31st August 2023, 30 hours per week, term time only.
To work with teachers to support teaching and learning by working with individuals or small groups of pupils under the direction of teaching staff and may be responsible for some learning activities within the overall teaching plan.
Key duties/ responsibilities:
1. Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate
2. Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
3. Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing and recording pupil progress/activities
4. Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
5. Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
7. Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate
8. Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required.
9. Work with individual pupils with special educational needs
10. Work with pupils for whom English is not their first language
11. Assist in the development of individual development plans for pupils (such as Individual educational plans)
12. Support the work of volunteers and other teaching assistants in the classroom
13. Support the use of ICT in the curriculum
14. Invigilate exams and tests
15. Assist in escorting and supervising pupils on educational visits and out of school activities
16. Select, prepare and clear away classroom materials and learning areas ensuring they are available for use, including developing and presenting displays
17. Support pupils in developing and implementing their own personal and social development
18. Assist pupils with eating, dressingand hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence
19. Monitor and manage stock and supplies for the classroom.
20. Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy, raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures.
Our Successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of successful teaching and learning
- Have the ability to further develop and enhance our high standards
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour
- Have high expectations for the achievement of every child and member of staff
- Be driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Be able to establish fantastic relationships with children
- Have a passion for ensuring every child is included and really does matter
There may also be an opportunity for a Midday role, at level 2 for 2.5 hours per week, to run alongside this position.
Completed applications to be returned to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org F.A.O. Jessica Heath
Post: F.A.O.Mrs Jessica Heath, Weston Junior Academy, Princess Drive, Stoke-on-Trent, ST3 6NG
Closing date 15h July, interviews to be confirmed.