Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant KS1/KS2 (dependant on experience)
Hours per week: 32.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School
Sutton Coldfield, B76 2SP
Telephone Number: 0121 675 2158
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 5 September 2022
The St John Paul II Multi Academy is a highly successful Catholic Multi Academy encompassing six Primary Schools and two Secondary Schools. Our schools are based in Sutton Coldfield, Erdington and Aston.
The ethos of St John Paul II Multi Academy is Catholic and was founded by the Catholic Church to provide education for children of Catholic families. As a Catholic multi academy, we aim to provide a Catholic education for all our pupils. As a Catholic multi academy, Catholic doctrine and practice permeate every aspect of every one of our school’s activities. It is essential that the Catholic character of the school’s education be fully supported by all staff within the multi academy.
We therefore hope that all staff will give their full, unreserved and positive support for the aims and ethos of the St John Paul II Multi Academy.
The Local Governing Board of this popular and oversubscribed school is seeking to appoint a motivated and inspirational teaching assistant our dedicated and dynamic team.
We are looking for a teaching assistant (Level 2/3 dependant on experience) who:
• will support the Catholic ethos of the school
• excellent written and oral skills
• has a good knowledge of curriculum e.g. English, Maths, SEND etc
• the ability to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents
• a commitment to ensuring children achieve their full potential
• is committed to raising standards within a broad and balanced curriculum
• has the ability to develop children’s wellbeing and self-esteem.
• is able to communicate effectively and enjoys working as part of a team
• will become fully involved in the wider life of the school
• to provide support for children's emotional and social development by encouraging and modelling positive behaviour
We can offer you:
• a positive caring ethos based upon the values of the Catholic faith
• well-motivated happy children who love to come to school and are excited about learning
• a committed and supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop your professional career
• the opportunity of being part of a dynamic, professional friendly team
• strong parish links and supportive parents, Local Governing Board and Senior Leadership Team
We are an oversubscribed friendly one form entry Catholic School which serves the Catholic parish of Holy Cross, St Francis, Walmley and Sutton Coldfield.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. St John Paul II Multi Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 13 July 2022, 10am
Please follow the links on our website to apply
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on a Catholic Education application form.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please contact HR for further information: email@example.com.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.