Business Support Officer
37.0 Hours per Week
Are you an experienced administrator looking for a new challenge?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Support Officer to join our Health Safety and Risk Service at Solihull Council, providing full operational and administrative support to a wide range of internal and external clients.
Acting as a key contact for all incoming enquiries, your responsibilities as Business Support Officer will include:
- Diary Management – booking venues and staff for training, internal and external meetings, as well as taking minutes at meetings as required.
- Record keeping – using a range of IT systems to enter and maintain training records and health and safety data, collating and presenting statistics for internal and external meetings and ensuring that data quality is maintained.
- Updating documentation – ensuring health and safety guidance, checklists and other documentation, including the Council’s intranet, Schools extranet and the Solihull Council Audit Services microsite are kept up to date.
- Financial Administration – including the raising of purchase orders and processing invoices.
You will have:
- A Level 3 qualification (e.g. A Levels, NVQ Level 3 qualification) or equivalent OR the ability to demonstrate through extended experience the ability to carry out the full range of duties.
- Significant experience of office administration
- Experience of creating and maintaining information management systems for performance and data analysis
- Experience of utilising a wide range of computer packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (or similar)
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
In return, this is a great opportunity to be part of a friendly team where you will play a key role in supporting health and safety activities across the Council.
We also offer:
- A range of flexible working options,
- Generous annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year
- A flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
We are currently implementing our Smarter Ways of Working as we recognise that work is what you do and not necessarily where you go. Our aim is to balance the needs of our employees with service delivery and, for this role, that is likely to include a combination of working from home and from our offices in central Solihull.
Whilst your geographical location can be flexible, you must be willing to commute to Solihull as required to fulfil the needs of the service.
To apply, please click on the link below and upload your CV and a covering letter, clearly outlining how you meet the essential skills and experience for the post (as outlined on the Job Description and Person Specification).
If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Clare Cockbill, Business and Systems Lead on 0121 704 8642
Interview Date – w/c 5th September 2022
Where sufficient number of applications are received, we reserve the right to close this vacancy before the advertised closing date. We therefore advise that you submit your application as a soon as possible.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification