Ring & Ride Service Specialist
We have a brand-new opportunity for someone to come on board and drive improvement in demand responsive transport services and see them become a key part of the West Midlands Network. You will play an integral part in providing new journey opportunities for passengers throughout the region.
The Ring & Ride Service Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of Ring & Ride and other Demand Responsive Transport Services, across the West Midlands. This role has been put in place to manage contracts effectively and drive positive performance and change. You will provide specialist advice and act and an internal client to navigate the Transport for West Midlands Customer Services team, to deliver the highest level of customer service for the Ring & Ride and Demand Responsive Transport.
What will you be doing?
- Lead negotiations with operators to agree and implement changes to contract specifications that achieve best value and enhancements in customer satisfaction
- Develop and deliver robust processes for monitoring and measuring the success of Ring & Ride and Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) services
- Engage with legal, procurement and finance teams to periodically tender the contracts for the provision of Ring & Ride and Demand Responsive Transport services
- Work with the bus services team to ensure that DRT services are considered as a realistic and sustainable part of an integrated network approach to meeting the accessibility standards of Transport for West Midlands
- Participate in bus service network review
- Create and manage strong and effective working relationships with existing and potential service providers
- Represent TfWM in discussions with individual passengers and user groups, elected members, local authorities and all other stakeholders regarding the operation and development of R&R and DRT services in the region
- Engage with local businesses and other groups and stakeholders to promote the use of DRT and R&R services
- Work with the TfWM Swift team to agree and establish a suitable and effective fares and payment strategy for R&R and DRT services in the West Midlands
The successful candidate will need to have knowledge of demand responsive services and experience of operations management of public transport operations.
You will need to have a proven track record of negotiating and influencing and be able to communicate effectively across all levels.
You will need to be proactive with strong analytical skills
WMCA is committed to a better connected, more prosperous, fairer, greener and healthier region. This is our vision. We will achieve our vision through living our values which are central to how we work and interact with our wider partners and stakeholders.
We’re a partnership organisation. Our people feel valued and respected, have a can-do attitude and are innovators. We try new ways of doing things, we aren’t afraid to fail, learn from what went wrong and try again. Our people are empowered to be creative and explore and innovate.
We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to building a team of people with varied backgrounds and experiences as we recognise that this will only benefit us as an employer, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
As an organisation, we will continue to adapt and develop to the opportunities and challenges ahead. We will continue to transform ourselves and our organisation into the best we can be, underpinned by our values and behaviours and everyone contributes towards achieving our vision.
Furthermore, wherever possible we will offer flexible working options which assist work-life balance. We are very happy to discuss a flexible working pattern that suits your needs, so please do not let that be a barrier to applying. If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
About your application
You will be asked to upload an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement which demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria for the role for which you are applying.
If you would like to discuss alternative methods to the online application as a reasonable adjustment please contact the Resourcing Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
16 Summer Lane, Birmingham, B19 3SD. Hybrid working conditions are currently in place which means working remotely and coming to the office when required.
Job Description - Ring and Ride.pdf