Social Care Assessor
Social Care Assessor
Salary: £ 23,541- £ £27,041 per annum (pro rata)
37 Hours per week – Fixed Term 12 Months
The First Contact Team, engages with citizens of Staffordshire, carrying out strengths based, outcome focused assessments via the telephone and other virtual means. The Care Act 2014 compliant assessments determine citizens assessed eligible needs while promoting their assets and facilitating their independence.
The First Contact Team now supports additional activity of Home First referrals (Pathway 1) and support planning for Brokerage for a cohort of Community referrals, in order for needs to be understood with the least amount of handoffs and for care to be implemented at the earliest opportunity. The Team will also provide statutory assessments for all age carers. The team is part of the wider Adult Social Care Team within the council.
Key responsibilities will include-
- Take responsibility for the provision of assessments under the Care Act inclusive of all statutory functions
- Develop a collaborative relationship with adults and their circles of support in order to promote positive expectations of what they can achieve, understanding their talents, wishes and feelings.
- As part of the assessment process, undertake purposeful interaction with individuals, families and other professionals to understand the needs and strengths of the individual, their network of relationships and their capacity to consent.
- Analyse information to understand risks and develop strategies to explain, avoid or manage risk appropriately.
- Negotiate and agree appropriate, tangible and realistic outcomes with individuals and families.
- Collaborate with other professionals, within Adult Social Care or other organisations, in order to fully understand need and enable individuals to achieve their outcomes and to be as independent as possible.
- Maintain appropriate professional records of all key discussions, findings, assessments, opinions (including factual basis) and decisions, including electronic client records and necessary performance data, in line with policies and procedures.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 31 August 2022
Interview Date: September
For more information about the role please contact: Tammy Drinkwater- Operational Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts