Teaching Assistant - St Mary and St Margaret's Church of England Aided Primary School
£20852.00 - £23484.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
27.75 Hours per Week
ST MARY & ST MARGARET’S CE (AIDED) PRIMARY SCHOOL & NURSERY
Southfield Avenue, Castle Bromwich, Birmingham B36 9AX
Tel: 0121 747 2025
Fax: 0121 7303180
Headteacher: Mark Street
Salary Band C Pro Rata
27.75 hours per week, term time only (38.8 weeks)
Temporary until September 2023 (in first instance)
Group 2 NOR: 240
Required Oct 2022 (or sooner if possible)
St Mary & St Margaret’s is an oversubscribed one form entry primary school with a strong Christian ethos.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and talented teaching assistant who:
• will support the Christian ethos of the school
• is able to build and maintain positive and productive working relationships with children, colleagues and parents
• is resilient and understanding
• loves working with children and has a commitment to making a difference
• is qualified at Level 3 or equivalent
In return we offer a school with:
• happy, cooperative children with enthusiastic attitudes to learning
• a friendly and supportive whole-staff team that is committed to improving pupils’ outcomes
• “a sense of teamwork and an ethos in which pupils can thrive” (Ofsted 2017)
• a “family feel… felt by the whole of the school community” (Ofsted 2017)
• a place where “relationships are very strong and the atmosphere of Christian care is tangible and inclusive” (SIAMS inspection 2016)
• very good facilities
The applicant should be willing to work flexibly with a range of age groups. An interest in the teaching of early reading would be an advantage.
Informal visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for an information pack or to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Thursday 8th September at 9am
Interviews: Week commencing 12th September tbc
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Mrs Michelle Hipkiss
0121 747 2025
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.