Scale: Scale 2, Points 3-4
Hours: 25 hours per week, term time only
Reporting To: Business Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To lead the catering team in providing an excellent catering facility and to manage the preparation and serving of meals in the school dining room.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- To manage the preparing and processing of food
- To ensure that weekly ordering of provisions is facilitated
- To manage the catering team
- To serve meals to students, staff and visitors
- To carry out necessary cleaning tasks on kitchen surfaces and equipment as well as dining room floor and furniture
- To be aware of and observe Health and Safety legislation, catering regulations and appropriate school policies
- To complete paperwork and records as required
- To undertake training and development programmes as required
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility for this job
- To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post and/or as detailed in the School’s Health & Safety policies
In all contacts the post holder will be required to present a good image of the School as well as maintaining constructive relationships.
- Staff colleagues
- External agencies
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
Promote equal opportunities in all aspects of responsibility according to the school’s aims and objectives.
In addition to those duties and responsibilities outlined above, the contributions of each member of staff to the work of the school will include the following:
- To play a positive role in the life of the school community;
- To maintain a high standard of discipline, appearance, punctuality and commitment in all students;
- To promote parental and community involvement in the life and work of the school;
- In all contacts the post holder will be required to present a good image of the school as well as maintaining constructive relationships;
- The school is committed to the safeguarding of young people and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this position
- The School reserves the right to alter the content of this Job Description, after consultation, to reflect changes to the job or services provided, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.
- The duties described in this Job Description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy.