General Technician - Sir Graham Balfour School
4 days left
Permanent part-time General Technician
(Engineering and Resistant Materials)
required from September 2022
Grade 3, SCP 3 - 4, £18,887 - £19,264
Pro rata salary would be £9,930 per annum at Scale Point 3
NB: This is a term-time only post, 22.5 hours per week
We wish to appoint a General Technician to work in our Design and Technology (Engineering and Resistant Materials) Department. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and hard working. This job is fast-paced and hands-on, often entailing working to short timescales in a busy student focused environment.
- The provision of support services to the teaching staff in organising requirements for their work.
- Preparation of materials to exact specification from stock as directed and clearing away equipment. This entails the use of metal cutting, milling, turning machines and wood conversion machines (planer/thicknesser, circular saw and bandsaw).
- Assistance to teaching staff with demonstration lessons and practicals.
- Oversight of specialised teaching areas, stores and/or preparation rooms and arrangements for maintenance and repair services to equipment and working surfaces.
- Assisting in the maintenance of safety standards in the departments.
- The school is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and as such all applicants will be submitted for an enhanced DBS check.
- All applicants will be registered with the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- Applications can only be accepted if submitted on the enclosed formal application form.
- Two references will be required, one of which must be from your most recent employer.
- We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion.
We would warmly welcome people to come and look at our school prior to applying, please contact Vicki McKeen to arrange a suitable time.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Thursday 18th August 2022 at 1.30pm