Teaching Assistant Apprentice - Walton Priory Middle School
Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Walton Priory Middle School, Stone.
Please complete the R3 application form available on the school website.
More information will be available on the school website and on the gov.uk apprenticeship site all available on the school website. www.waltonpriory.staffs.sch.uk
A fantastic opportunity to work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. Provide general support to the teacher in the care of pupils and management of the classroom.
The school has worked hard to develop a vision and identity based on what we believe is working well for us all. The mission statement ‘Creating tomorrow’s role models by combining traditional values with futures thinking’ sums up the direction for the school. We want Walton Priory pupils to retain the strong values that the school established in 1974, which were:
- Work hard Respect each other Look after the environment
- Weekly wage £156.33
- Working week
Your working week will consist of 32.5 hours Monday to Friday term time only. Hours to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 32.50
- Expected duration 18 months
- Possible start date 04 Sep 2022
- Date posted 5 days ago
- Apprenticeship level Advanced Level 3 (A level)
- Reference number VAC001848156
- Positions 1 available
Support to Pupils:
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters
- Arrange medical/dental visits as appropriate
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
Support to Teacher:
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with and maintain displays of pupils’ work, notice boards, shelving systems etc.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks, e.g. pupil record keeping as requested
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Appropriate liaison with parents on general pupil matters
Support to Curriculum:
- Support pupils to understand instructions in relation to curriculum subject e.g. KS1 Literacy
- Prepare and maintain general equipment/resources as directed by the teacher
- Attend training sessions as required for CPD purposes and to ensure appropriate skill level is obtained to undertake role, e.g. behaviour management strategies
- Support to School (this list is not exhaustive and should reflect the ethos of the school) Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Attend relevant meetings as required
Please return applications to email@example.com