Marketing and Fundraising Officer
Post Title: Marketing and Fundraising Officer
Reporting Line: Marketing and Fundraising Manager
Responsible for: To assist the Marketing Manager in maximising the fundraising income of the charity by supporting with fundraising events, campaigns, corporate partnerships and other activity. Fundraising administration as required
Summary of post: To assist the Marketing Manager in maximising the fundraising income of the charity by supporting with fundraising events, campaigns, corporate partnerships and other activity. Fundraising administration as required.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be an active, integrated and cohesive member of the marketing and communication team in order to contribute fully to the delivery of strategic fundraising objectives. .
2. To work with the Marketing Manager to deliver a broad range of income generation activities.
3. To work effectively with all people, developing productive relationships with colleagues, volunteers, external partners and the Board of Trustees.
4. To contribute to the preparation of reports and information for the Marketing Manager and other team members as required.
5. To represent the organisation as required.
6. To lead on key income generating activities, projects and events, as required.
7. To provide support and direction for colleagues and volunteers.
8. To support the work of volunteers and community members in generating income activities for the charity.
9. To support the Marketing Manager in identifying appropriate training and development needs with regard to income generation for colleagues.
10. To develop and deliver information sessions for staff with regard to income generating activities.
11. To deliver the fundraising operations within the charity in line with service plans and targets.
12. To deliver the fundraising operations with a high level of customer focus.
13. To work within a high quality performance culture, responsive to the needs of the charity.
14. To embed effective systems and procedures creating a culture of continuous improvement.
15. Develop a sound understanding of the Fundraising Code and operate within those guidelines.
16. To develop and cultivate positive relationships within local communities across Coventry and Warwickshire.
17. Identify opportunities for income generation and fundraising.
18. To promote the work of Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire to local community fundraisers and contribute to the development of publicity and marketing materials.
19. To develop a database of donors to the charity and cultivate a long-term relationship between them and the charity.
20. To support the creation, management and use of social media channels.
21. To support managers in their relationships with external organisations.
22. Contribute towards and implement the strategy for improving legacy donations.
23. Contribute to monitoring, reporting and evaluating the performance of all fundraising activities.
24. Utilise national and local campaigns to celebrate the work of the charity and generate income.
25. Contribute towards the development and maintenance of the web site, charitable publications and materials.
26. To adhere to all relevant policies with particular reference to staffing, equality and health and safety.
27. To comply with all relevant legislation.
28. To undertake appropriate training and personal development as required for the role.
29. To support the work of the Marketing Manager in the event of sickness, holiday or other exceptional circumstances.
30. To portray a positive image of the organisation both internally and externally, and set high standards of personal integrity and professionalism, leading by personal example.
31. To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and grade of the post.