Policy & Research Analyst – Insight, Policy & Strategy
Policy & Research Analyst, Insight, Policy & Strategy
Salary £28,226 - £35,336
If you needed a different perspective, where would you go?
Birmingham is a city that takes it further. It’s the home of individuals and communities who lead the way. Who don’t compromise on who they are or what they stand for. Join our brand-new Insight, Policy & Strategy team. Help us put our city’s vibrant communities front and centre, as we shape an ambitious future together.
About the Insight, Policy & Strategy Team
Ours is a highly skilled team of economists, social researchers, data scientists, policy analysts and project management professionals. Together we’ll enable the Council’s capacity for strategic planning. Leading the development of insight, policy, and strategic thinking we’ll make sure problem-solving programmes and projects involve the right partners, as well the resources needed. Working closely with partners across the Council and beyond, we’ll collaborate on joint projects to support the IPS work being led by other teams.
About the role
Working across multiple workstreams this role is all about analysing data trends and patterns, providing reports and information in a variety of formats, including digital. We’ll enlist your support on research and analysis that underpins policy development, supports strategic planning, and informs the delivery of key council initiatives. It’s your opportunity to help tackle inequality within the city and improve outcomes for our citizens.
This is all about supporting the Insights, Policy & Strategy team in the delivery of a range of data and analytics work. This includes analytical consulting, people insights and intelligence, system improvement, data interrogation, dashboard design and management, data quality and governance.
To be successful in this role it’s likely that you’ll bring:
- A professional qualification in research and insight methods or policy development or equivalent experience
- Expertise in research and data analysis tools and techniques, with a good understanding of data flow, modelling and database design
- Demonstrable experience of data interpretation, and of using data and information for analysis in support of decision making
- Experience to work independently using your own initiative, as part of a multi-discipline team and within a matrix management structure
- Skills in supporting projects/programmes across a wide range of colleagues, partners and the public, preferably within a local authority or similar organisation
What we offer in return
We’re committed to creating an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity, healthy lifestyle choices, wellbeing and balance. We’ll empower you to be the best you can be, with coaching, mentoring and training programmes that meet your professional and personal development needs at every stage of your career with us.
We’re also proud to offer:
- Family friendly policies.
- A range of benefits, including membership of the West Midlands Pension Fund, discounted gym membership and a confidential employee assistance programme.
- 29 days’ annual leave increasing with length of service, plus the option to purchase additional days.
Birmingham is a city on the move. Be part of it.
Please see our microsite for further information and how to apply - www.cityonthemove-ips.co.uk
You must upload a CV and Supporting Statement via the miscellaneous attachment on to your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered.
All roles will close at midday on Monday 8th August, and we will be shortlisting on a rolling basis, because we know how important it is to keep you informed on the progress of your application. Don’t be surprised if you hear back from us prior to the closing date to let you know you’ve been shortlisted.
- Interviews will commence from wc. 15th August, and we can be flexible with regards to logistics.
For informal enquires please contact Lysanne Eddy via email at Lysanne.Eddy@birmingham.gov.uk
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed. Non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may need to apply for a visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council for a skilled worker visa (if the job is eligible).Job Description and Person Specification