Policy & Research Analyst – Strategic Partnerships
Policy & Research Analyst, Strategic Partnerships
Salary £28,226 - £35,336
If you had a window into our city, what would you see?
Birmingham is a city of bigger and brighter. It’s bathed in legacy and authentic to the core. Here, culture is everything. And kindness is king. Join our brand-new Strategic Partnerships team. Help us bring our communities closer together in every way possible.
About the Strategic Partnerships Team
Our goal is to build strong external partnerships and stakeholder relationships to help grow a better shared understanding of the challenges facing our city. Providing a vital secretariat function to the City Board, we’ll strengthen existing relationships with the WMCA, universities, private sector firms and other partners. We’ll also work closely with the Council’s corporate communications and external affairs teams to engage on shared commitments for action. Ours is a team of experts in relationship management, stakeholder engagement and joint policy work. It’s a hub for knowledge about partner organisations and their people.
About the role
This role is all about supporting the research and analysis that promotes the importance of partnership working in strategic planning and in tackling inequalities within Birmingham. Working across multiple workstreams it’s likely that you’ll be analysing data trends and patterns, providing reports and information in a variety of formats, including digital.
Establishing effective working relationships, you can play a key role in supporting service improvement and informing the delivery of shared initiatives. We’ll engage you in supporting the Strategic Partnerships Team in their work enabling collective decision-making. This includes analytical consulting, people insights and intelligence, data and analytics, system improvement, data interrogation, dashboard design and management, data quality and governance.
To be successful in this role it’s likely that you’ll bring:
- A professional qualification in research and insight methods or policy development, or equivalent experience
- Expertise in research and data analysis tools and techniques, with a good understanding of data flow, modelling and database design
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries and with partners, with a sound understanding of statutory and non-statutory partnerships
- Skills in data interpretation and using data and information for analysis in support of decision making
- Experience to work independently using your own initiative, as part of a multi-discipline team and within a matrix management structure
- Skills in supporting projects/programmes across a wide range of colleagues, partners and the public, preferably within a local authority or similar organisation
What we offer in return
We’re committed to creating an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity, healthy lifestyle choices, wellbeing and balance. We’ll empower you to be the best you can be, with coaching, mentoring and training programmes that meet your professional and personal development needs at every stage of your career with us.
We’re also proud to offer:
- Family friendly policies.
- A range of benefits, including membership of the West Midlands Pension Fund, discounted gym membership and a confidential employee assistance programme.
- 29 days’ annual leave increasing with length of service, plus the option to purchase additional days.
Birmingham is a city on the move. Be part of it.
Please see our microsite for further information and how to apply - www.cityonthemove-ips.co.uk
You must upload a CV and Supporting Statement via the miscellaneous attachment on to your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered.
All roles will close at midday on Monday 8th August, and we will be shortlisting on a rolling basis, because we know how important it is to keep you informed on the progress of your application. Don’t be surprised if you hear back from us prior to the closing date to let you know you’ve been shortlisted.
- Interviews will commence from wc. 15th August, and we can be flexible with regards to logistics.
For informal enquires please contact Lysanne Eddy via email at Lysanne.Eddy@birmingham.gov.uk
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed. Non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may need to apply for a visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council for a skilled worker visa (if the job is eligible).Job Description and Person Specification