Technical & Finance Manager
6 days left
Join Rugby Borough Council as our Technical and Finance Manager and lead our Financial Services function.
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join us and manage the Financial Services function promoting efficiency, high performance, probity, and excellent value for money services. In this role you will act as the Deputy Section 151 Officer, be the technical lead and support the delivery of our Transformation Agenda. You could be an aspiring leader, who is looking to gain experience as a Deputy Section 151 or an experienced leader who is looking to lead and inspire a new team.
Here at Rugby Borough Council, we’re growing. In fact, we’re proud to be one of the fastest growing towns in the country, with some exciting commercial developments. This has all been made possible thanks to our strong financial position. We have a strong, collaborative and supportive culture that enables everyone to grow and develop. Ensuring employees have a positive work life balance is really important to us. We have an agile working policy, which enables our people to work flexibly either at home and/or in the main Town Hall.
As our Technical and Finance Manager you will be responsible for:
• Leading the Council’s Financial Services function, including managing the operation of all activities of the Financial Services and leading all members of financial staff in their work and development.
• Acting as Deputy Section 151 Officer under the Local Government Act 1972 and support the Chief Officer Finance and Performance in the operation and development of all financial activities of the Council.
• Supporting the delivery of the Transformation agenda in collaboration with the Transformation lead officer
• Providing financial advice and information to all Councillors and officers within the Council
• Contributing towards the democratic and corporate activities of the Council.
• Acting as the technical lead including the local government accounting relating to relevant Accounting Codes of Practice, Statutory requirements and to grant regimes
• Championing excellent management of financial resources, promoting efficiency, high performance, probity and excellent value for money services and will play a crucial role in the delivery of service transformation, driving efficiency and productivity improvements and also the optimisation of income opportunities
• Ensuring that members and officers are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategies, policies, standards and practices, enabling timely and well-informed decisions to be made in the knowledge of the impact of those decisions will have financially on the Council.
The ideal candidate for the role of Technical and Finance Manager will be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Fully qualified member of one the five accountancy institutes in CCAB or CIMA
• Understand the priorities of the Council and the political structure and environment within Local Government
• Knowledge and experience of local government accounting
• Awareness of current legislation
• Experience of performance management & financial reporting requirements in local government
• Excellent communication skills and able to effectively communicate at a senior level
• Able to convey complex information clearly, correctly & concisely
• Experience of leading the completion and production of the Statement of Accounts
• Able to innovate & lead in the transformation of service delivery
• Proven commercial acumen & the ability to implement new service delivery models & generate income
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to expand their Finance experience at a senior level.
If you are positive, driven who shares our ambition and vision, then we want to hear from you
For an informal discussion about this role, please call Jon Illingworth, Chief Officer for Finance and Performance on 01788 533410.
You can view full details of this job via our website www.rugby.gov.uk . If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.