Business Support Officer
Job title: Business Support Officer
Location: Staffordshire Place 1/ Police HQ Weston Road Stafford
Salary: £20,043- £21,269 per annum
Contract type: 37 Hours per week | Full time we’re happy to talk flexible working
About the role
Business and Executive Support is a central business support function which is aligned to meet the requirements of Staffordshire County Council, and which fulfils the needs of the organisation as it evolves. This post will primarily but not exclusively be providing administrative support to the Adult Safeguarding Team. There will be times subject to business needs that you will be supporting other areas of Business and Executive Support.
What you’ll bring
The successful applicant will have:
- The skills and experience to support the provision of a timely and high-quality Business Support service for Staffordshire County Council.
- Ability and experience in taking accurate minutes for multi-agency meetings.
- Excellent communication skills to engage our customers and administration teams to share best practise using digital solutions where appropriate to improve processes.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, busy environment, and to manage changes at short notice.
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of SCC systems for data management.
- Experience complying with relevant Information, Privacy and Data Security policies.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Vivup benefits platform – gives you access to lots of retail, lifestyle savings and offers all in a handy app on your phone
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
How do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button below. If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday 7th August 2022
Interview Date: TBC (if applicable)
For more information about the role please contact: Clare Murgatroyd email address email@example.com
How will we store your details By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Our recruitment process
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.