English & Living Skills Teacher Plus SEN Allowance
English & Living Skills Teacher
- Teacher – MPS/UPS + SEN
- The Job Description and Person Specification are available in this pack
Lawnswood Campus is committed to excellence. We enable learning by providing a rich and meaningful curriculum targeting young peoples personalised needs. We aim to help our young people overcome social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) in order to manage their behaviour and make considered choices.
We require a passionate and committed teacher of English/Living skills at the Braybrook Centre to deliver at key stage 3.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- Experience of working with young people with SEMH and particularly challenging behaviour.
- A proven track record of good communication and organisation.
- An interest in all aspects of the Science curriculum and inspirational ways to deliver it.
- An understanding of health and safety and a willingness to attend training.
To create and deliver engaging lessons to a diverse groups of young people at all levels taking into account group and individual needs and learning styles. To inspire, motivate and promote enthusiasm for learning and for the subject, adhering to national curriculum standards. The teaching role forms a central part of the work within the subject area and the post holder will work closely with colleagues to support, develop and further extend the work of the subject and the experiences of the young people.
Closing Date: 30/09/22
Lawnswood Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and two satisfactory references from your current or previous employment.