Catering Assistant - Ref: TV29722
The Streetly Academy
Queslett Road East, Sutton Coldfield, B74 2EX
Tel: 0121-353 2709 / Fax: 0121-353 0212
Catering Assistant required, ref TV29722
Start Date: 5th September 2022
Permanent – subject to 6 months probationary
Fixed NJC scale 4 (£9.99 per hour)
£19,264 pro rata – actual pay £7,213pa
Part time – 16 hours per week
between 12.00 noon and 3.000pm
Monday to Thursday and 11.00 am to 3.00pm on Friday
We are looking for an experienced Catering Assistant to join our team in this refurbished, busy and thriving secondary school catering unit.
The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
- A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
- A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in the school and their appearance
- Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
- The successful candidate to ideally hold a minimum of NVQ Level 1 in Food Preparation and Service, and have a current Food Hygiene qualification
- An individual who can demonstrate relevant experience in a busy school catering environment, together with a good understanding and working knowledge of preparing food to avoid allergen cross contamination
- A reliable team player who can work independently and on their own initiative
- An individual with an eye for detail, logical work method and customer service skills
- Candidates that are flexible, willing to take on a variety of task and compliant with HACCP principles
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a progressive Academy and departments that thrive on good humour and team work then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please telephone Miss Gill Higgins, Catering Operations Manager at the school, for an initial discussion. Telephone number 0121 353 2709 x332. For full details of this vacancy and application form please visit our website at: https://www.streetly.academy/.
Last date for receipt of completed applications: midnight on Sunday 4th September 2022.
Interviews to be held week commencing 19th September 2022 and to include a written task.
The Streetly Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.