Teaching Assistants 1:1 Support - Castle Wood School
1 day left
GRADE 4 - pro rata for term time only working - £15,068-£18,785
33.5 Hours per week, term time only - 39 weeks (includes 5 Teacher Training Days)
Starting 5th September 2022
Fixed Term Contract – Ending 25th July 2023
Come and join our dedicated team at Castle Wood, a vibrant, innovative broad spectrum special needs school for children aged 3 to 11. We have received two successive outstanding Ofsted judgements and have been praised for our use of Early Years practice and principles throughout our school. We are looking to hire Teaching Assistants to support children who have 1:1 funding allocation. You will be resilient, dynamic, and enthusiastic and keen to work in our inspirational special needs school. Our vision is ‘Together children first…’ and we need experienced Significant Adults with the professional behaviours of initiative, commitment, dedication, a sense of fun and the ability to work as part of a team. You are likely to be working with children on a 1:1 basis who have complex autism, may be non-verbal and have very challenging behaviours. You may also work with children who have profound and multiple learning difficulties. Knowledge and experience of Early Years practice and principles would be preferred as this underpins all teaching and learning in our school.
We are looking for a person with:
• An excellent general education
• GCSE Maths and English A-C, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
• The ability to work as part of a team
• A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem, and progress of everyone at the school
• Personal skills and qualities required to form positive relationships with children, parents, and carers
• High aspirations for their pupils and themselves
• A good knowledge of the EYFS would be an advantage but a willingness to learn and embrace its practice and principles is essential
• Previous experience of working in a special school on a 1:1 basis would be advantageous but not essential
We will offer:
• Fabulous, warm, and enthusiastic children
• A happy school with a welcoming and supportive team
• Personalised continuing professional learning
• Opportunities to work with experts from a range of disciplines
• Supportive governors and parents.
Hours of work are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm, Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm. 30 minutes unpaid lunch break is included.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In your application form, please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful 1:1 Teaching Assistant Support and why you wish to work in a Special school in particular.
Completed applications should be returned direct to the school at email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 10th August 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing 15th August 2022
Please note that if you are not contacted by this date then your application will have been unsuccessful in this instance.
Previous applicants need not reapply.