Job Title: Gardener/Handy Person
Salary: £9,825- £10,021 per annum
Contracted Hours: 18.5
Location: The Riddings Residential Home
Contract Type: Permanent
Worcestershire Children First are looking for a part-time competent handy person/gardener to join a team of already competent workers to help improve the living environment of vulnerable looked after children.
The role involves the basic maintenance and gardening duties of homes around the county in both residential and supported living settings.
This part-time role would be working alongside an existing handyperson, and you would be in regular contact with the managers of the homes, as well as other relative professionals. You would be completing basic maintenance jobs in these homes such as changing fuses, fixing and repairing damage to the properties as well as relationship building with both the service users and professionals.
• Applicants must have a valid driving licence and access to their own vehicle and be willing to travel around the county.
• The ability to work to deadlines both individually and as a team.
• Knowledge and experience of basic household maintenance jobs.
• Good communication and organisation skills.
If you have experience in this field of work, meet the essential criteria and are looking for a new challenge, please apply.
In return, you can look forward to (per annum, pro rata for part-time) :
• 25 days holiday (potential to match up to 30 days), plus bank holidays
• Commitment to ongoing professional development and training
• Excellent opportunities for career progression
• Greener car & Bike Scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Access to a range of leisure, fashion, travel and lifestyle discounts
We are inclusive – this is really important to us and we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer.
Disability Confident is helping us recruit and retain great people to meet our workforce needs.
Online Applications are invited to apply for this role.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 10th August 2022.
Anticipated Interview Date: To Be Confirmed