Sports and Outdoor Play Lead - St Modwen’s Catholic Primary School
Vacancy: 1 x Permanent, Term-time only Sports and Outdoor Play Lead (Grade 6) Required from 1.9.2022:
The children, staff and governors of St Modwen’s Catholic Primary School would like to appoint a Sports and Outdoor Play Lead with excellent communication skills to join our fun loving and supportive team. We are an aspirational local Catholic Primary school dedicated to providing the very best education for our enthusiastic learners.
A key part of this role is leading our OPAL outdoor play and learning and being an active member of the Forest School Leadership team developing and leading our outdoor play and learning environment and programme for children across school. The role will also involve coaching children in a range of sports during the school day as part of our enhanced PE provision as well as supporting children at sporting events. This exciting new role will enable school to introduce a wider range of sports and play opportunities to help our children develop a healthy lifestyle and understand that keeping fit can be fun.
This is a permanent position initially Term-time only but may develop to being a full-year contract.
We are looking for someone with:
• An absolute passion for education & fitness
• Excellent skills and reflective practice.
• A willingness to try something new and to take risks.
• A motivation to create wonderful learning experiences for children that will stand the test of time.
• A belief that every child can succeed and the determination to help each child fulfil their potential.
We can offer you:
• A supportive team and a friendly working environment.
• A group of eager, creative, curious children.
• The freedom to innovate and create.
• A commitment to staff wellbeing and work life balance.
As Head Teacher I warmly welcome you to visit our school but must warn you that it is likely you will fall in love with this little place – I did!
For an application form along with information regarding the responsibilities of the post, job description and person specification, please see our school St Modwen's Catholic Primary School - Home (stmodwens.staffs.sch.uk). Visits to school are warmly welcomed and subject to current school covid-19 control measures– please contact the school office to make arrangements
CLOSING DATE: Noon Monday 8th August 2022
INTERVIEWS: Thursday 11th August 2022
The Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to an enhanced CRB check and supportive references.