General Catering Assistant
Hours per week: 20 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Hillstone Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 675 3573
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 19 September 2022
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment to join our catering team
As a General Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
• assist in the preparation and cooking meals for pupils
• assisting with all aspects of the service
• assist keeping the kitchen clean and tidy, washing up sweeping and mopping
• to assist with setting up of dining room, putting out furniture
• willing to attend training sessions classroom and online
• to be aware of the pupils needs, dietary and allergen requirements
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in school’s kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
About You; Essential:
• good people skills
• passion about food and customer service
• great team player
• good verbal and written communication skills
• food safety level 2
Skills & experience
• experience in a similar environment
• food safety level 2 or working towards
• high standards and quality driven
• a ‘can do’ attitude
• working times are Monday to Friday, term time only
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 5 September 2022, 12 midday
To apply, please visit our website
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.