Teaching Assistant - One to one support for EHCP pupil (St Nicholas CE First School)
Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 11:30am - 3:30pm, 20 hours per week.
Fixed Term until July 2023 and pupil leaves.
St Nicholas CE First School is looking to appoint a highly effective part time One to One Support Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic and hardworking team with effect from Mon 31st October 2022. There may be an opportunity to commence in the role before this date for the right candidate to support transition between 1:1 support for the pupil.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working with children within the Primary age range
- Experience of managing individual needs – specialism or experience in supporting pupils with ASC and sensory needs essential
- Good working knowledge of how children learn and curriculum
- Effective organisational and communication skills and be a team player
- Holds an NVQ3 qualification or equivalent (the successful candidate may not have a NVQ 3 but may have academic qualifications that supersede this)
- The ability to be adaptable and creative
- The ability to make learning fun
- The ability to work under own initiative
- The ability to soothe and de-escalate big emotions and challenging situations
- The ability to support and create opportunities for learning outdoors and indoors
- The skills to develop good relationships with parents and the community
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding pupils and families
Candidates will be required to hold a full and relevant Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or other relevant qualification. It is desirable if any candidates have a degree or other suitable qualifications also.
NB All references will be requested prior to interview for shortlisted candidates.
Interview date: Wednesday 21st September 2022
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.