Drivers (Part Time)
Part Time Drivers Required
Due to service growth, we are looking for new drivers to support our team.
Our part time driver vacancies work 25 hours per week.
Due to the needs of the service, our preference is for part time drivers to work a split shift 7.15am - 10.30am and 2.30pm - 5.30pm Monday to Friday, however, we will also consider applicants who can work on a job share basis, working mornings only, afternoons only or a reduced number of days per week. Please specify your availability in your application.
Would you like to make a real difference to the lives of disabled people in Solihull?
We are offering a great opportunity to assist service users of all ages with special needs or learning or mobility difficulties to access local day centres or schools throughout the borough on Solihull Council’s Transport Fleet.
As a driver, you will hold current and valid driving licence and the Category D1 (or be willing to complete the required D1 training upon appointment), have experience of driving larger vehicles and have a good understanding of the support required by people with learning and/or physical disabilities.
You will also:
- Be able to demonstrate basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be physically fit and able to push and clamp wheelchairs.
- Be able to observe service users and respond to their diverse needs.
In return we offer:
- Annual leave starting at 24 days (pro rata) and rising to 29 days (pro rata) after 5 years service.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days leave per year.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities.
- Employee benefits including access to staff discounts and a 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme for free and confidential advice and support.
To apply, please click on the link below - a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible to advise on the outcome of your application.
If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Brian Davies, Facilities Manager – Transport and Buildings, on 0121 704 6305 or email email@example.com, or Andy Swallow, Senior Driver, on 07810 056836.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens .
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Job Description & Person Specification