Teaching Assistant - Springfield School, Leek
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Start Date: Sept 2022
Salary: Grade 4 £19,650-£20,043
Location: Springfield School Leek (Part of the Manor Hall Academy Trust)
Springfield School is seeking a qualified teaching assistant to provide classroom support within our fantastic team. Springfield School is a generic primary special school for pupils with learning and other associated needs, based in Leek. It is a part of the Manor Hall Academy Trust.
As a teaching assistant you will have a passion for working with children with special educational needs and disabilities and will truly hold the pupils’ well-being and development at the centre of all you do. The successful candidate will have;
* Good interpersonal skills
* High standards and expectations of all pupils
* An understanding of the difficulties faced by young people with disabilities
* The ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and develop close working relationships with parents/carers
* A good understanding of safeguarding children with disabilities
* Experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage is desirable but not essential.
We can offer;
* A supportive and enthusiastic team
* Experience of working with a range of professionals
* Opportunities to develop skills and interest areas
* A trust which is wholy supportive and offers and a range of professional development opportunities.
* Pupils which make Springfield an exceptional place to work!
Visits to the school are not possible however applicants are welcomed to contact the Headteacher, Sarah Latham (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss their application.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing Date: Monday 15th August 4pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 16th August
Interviews: Thursday 18th August
All completed applications are to be returned directly to the school by email to: email@example.com