Administration Officer (13044)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £20,757 - £25,409 (Full Time Equivalent)
Closing Date: 7 August 2022
Interview Date: 19 August 2022
At Barnardo's, our purpose is to transform the lives of the UK's most vulnerable children and our vision is to realise Thomas Barnardo's dream of a world where no child is turned away from the help that they need.
Would you like to be involved in this unique opportunity to support Children and Young People in the Sandwell Borough?
Sandwell Children's Centres:
Barnardo's is proud to be commencing delivery of Sandwell's Children's Centres across the Borough. The service will provide a range of quality services for families, locally designed for the 6 town areas of the Borough, divided into 3 areas:
Cluster A - Oldbury, Smethwick.
Cluster B - Tipton, Rowley Regis.
Cluster C - Wednesbury and West Bromwich.
Responsibility for Smethwick and Oldbury with an expectation of covering other towns as needed.
Across the cluster, we are committed to delivering a robust offer for communities and residents, designed to promote access to services, reduce barriers to engagement and build resilient communities.
The Administration team will take an active role in ensuring that the impact of service delivery is measured, monitored and reported and that the services operate effectively through the management of budgets/expenditure, health and safety and general operations.
Objectives/key activities – Administration Officer
- Support the inputting of systems for measuring the progress of the Cluster against local aims, objectives, KPI's and outcomes.
- Work alongside service management and Administration Leads to ensure data of the service is collated and reported into external (Synergy, commissioning reporting) and internal (Barnardo's) systems.
- Support safe use of information governance of data and information pertinent to the service.
- Liaise and support the Strategic CSM, Cluster Children's Services Managers, Team Managers, administration leads and Barnardo's MIO to ensure that data targets are met and that accurate monitoring data is collected.
- Provide support to Project Administration Leads around information and evidence to support KPIs data to inform Service Delivery Plan, Quality inspections, Advisory Boards and Barnardo's business planning process.
- To support systems for and complete financial tasks across the cluster, holding the project RBS Card and managing distribution and recording of petty cash.
- Support cluster managers and administration lead in the tracking of DBS and renewals.
- Support the day-to-day reception and operational duties of the centres/clusters as required by Administration Project Leads and Cluster Children's Centre Managers.
- Support managers and administration staff to ensure the health and safety aspects of the services are met, including completion of risk assessments, support for audits, reviews, reporting of incidents and requests for building maintenance.
- Support the production, maintenance and promotion of materials and opportunities designed to attract, engage and build relationships with communities, including through the Virtual Children's Centre Offer, social media, newsletters etc.
- Ensure working pattern serves the needs of the business core hours
- Work with the wider teams within the Children's Centre Offer to meet the needs of the service across the borough.
- To meet the needs of the service, evening and weekend work may need to be undertaken as required.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate within your job role to reflect the needs of the service.
You will have (essential criteria):
- NVQ3 or equivalent qualification in relevant field.
- Experience within the field of administration and finance.
- Experience of Microsoft Packages (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Efficient at managing workload and prioritising tasks where needed.
- Proven track record of supporting or managing staff/volunteers.
- Familiarity with preparing information in relation to financial systems and processes.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data for the purpose of reporting.
- Ability to carry out financial tasks in line with project forecast.
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety including risk assessments.
Please include as much relevant detail in your application to demonstrate how you fulfil the requirements of our job role, as outlined above and in the Job Description/Personal Specification. Experience can be from previous employment, education, training, volunteering etc.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.