Herefordshire Language Network Administrator
Job Title: Herefordshire Language Network Administrator
Salary: Pay Scale 05HC £10,021.50-£11,064.50 Pro Rata (£20,043-£22,129 FT)
Closing date: 12/08/2022
Interview Date: 24/08/2022
The Herefordshire Language Network (HLN) is the council’s in-house language agency. Established in 2009, the HLN is continually growing, and the workload increasing. So we now have a rare opportunity for an administrator to join this close-knit team to help us deliver an excellent service.
The role primarily involves taking bookings for interpreters and translators, commissioning people to carry out the work, and all elements of financial administration that go along with that. You will need to be tactful, patient, assertive, and efficient, even under pressure. You will need to be an excellent communicator. And if you can speak a language in addition to excellent English, this will be an advantage.
The postholder will need to be extremely organised, work fast, and have an eye for detail. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and have good numeracy and literacy, and must be highly confident in using Excel spreadsheets. We are looking for someone with a mature outlook, with an understanding of relevant legislation (such as data protection, Equality Act 2010, and GDPR), and able to handle highly sensitive information in an appropriate and discreet manner.
The role will be predominantly working from home, however there are opportunities to work from a council office.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year (pro rata for part time), increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com