FTC for 6 months
£20,043 to £21,269 per annum
37 hours per week
Oakley Wood crematorium is a 21 acre site, located in the tranquil natural woodland setting midway between the villages of Bishops Tachbrook and Wellesbourne.
We are looking to recruit a bereavement officer who will also assist with cremation and chapel duties within our small and flexible team
In this post you will be responsible for
- Providing a front line service for bereaved families, members of the public, funeral directors and other service users
- Performing all necessary checks to burial and cremation paperwork
- Varied clerical and administrative functions
- Providing a front of house bereavement services
- Overseeing scattering of cremated remains and woodland burials
The successful applicant will need
- To have experience of providing services of a sensitive nature, with empathy, understanding and equality.
- A willingness to be flexible around hours and duties, including taking part in a weekend rota (alternative days off are given when working weekends)
- To have high levels of interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and a proven record of working flexibly in a team environment.
- Be capable of working in an extremely busy environment with constant interruptions, yet maintaining a first class standard at all times
Closing date: 22/08/2022
Interview date: 06/09/2022
If you would like to know more about this position please contact, Maureen Houston, Senior Bereavement Officer on 01926 651418.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, the opportunity of joining a final salary pension scheme and on-going personal training and development.
Warwick District Council believed in valuing diversity, we recognise the benefits of a diverse workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. This means we welcome and encourage applications regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability and from every sector within the community.
Council Employee Benefits
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact HR Support on email@example.com including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. By ‘essential criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification. To be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS), applicants must disclose that they have a disability and would like to be considered for the scheme.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application or recruitment process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.