Headteacher - Meadows Primary School and Nursery
Headteacher - Meadows Primary School & Nursery
Full-time Permanent Position
ISR L15 - 21 (£59,581 - £69,031)
Required from April 2023
Governors of Meadows Primary School and Nursery are seeking to appoint an experienced, talented and inspirational school leader to build upon the school’s considerable success and to continue to deliver exceptional teaching and learning opportunities for all children.
This is an exciting opportunity to become the next Headteacher of an innovative and aspirational school with well-established and respected school-to-school support links across the Local Authority and beyond.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a leader who has consistently high expectations, seeking high achievement for all children regardless of starting points.
- Is innovative, organized and passionate about driving improvement in educational standards.
- Has a clear vision, enthusiasm and energy to continue to grow the school’s profile within the local community and further afield.
- Will use their inspirational, innovative and enthusiastic leadership qualities to support a teamwork ethos, ensuring our skilled and dedicated staff continue to develop, thrive and succeed.
- Is an outstanding education practitioner, passionate about teaching and learning with the ability to instill and nurture this in all pupils and staff.
- Is committed to ensuring every child achieves their potential emotionally, socially and academically, so that they are equipped to enjoy their time at Meadows Primary School and Nursery and are well prepared for life beyond primary school.
- Is approachable, with the ability to build strong and trusting relationships with all school stakeholders through excellent communication skills.
- Has safeguarding at the heart of all they do, promoting positive health, safety and wellbeing for all children and staff.
- Is excited and passionate about leading our wonderful school.
- An opportunity to be part of a securely good school with recognized school-to-school support links, helping to support and raise standards across the Local Authority and further afield.
- Articulate and enthusiastic children, who enjoy coming to school and who make good progress.
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff team.
- Fantastic school facilities, including a modern and well-equipped school building and extensive outdoor sports and learning areas.
- A committed governing body who offer support and challenge to ensure the very best for our school.
Our new Headteacher will be part of a hardworking team, including our pupils, who are rightly proud of our school. Our school ethos is one of inclusion, respect and high aspirations for all and we are committed to ensuring every child has the opportunity to achieve their true potential.
Meadows Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021). We are committed to equality and diversity.
Visits to the school on the following dates are warmly welcomed prior to application:
- Wednesday 14th September between 9.30am and midday
- Thursday 15th September between 1.00pm and 3.00pm
- Wednesday 21st September between 1.30pm and 4.30pm
Please contact the school office on 01952 386230 to arrange an appointment or if you have any queries.
At Meadows Primary School and Nursery our School aims to create a safe and stimulating learning environment which encourages self-esteem and opportunities for self-expression. As part of your written application, please tell us in no more than 1000 words what this means to you and how you would bring this to life through your leadership.
Completed application forms and the response to the question should be returned to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Shirley Thompson – School Governance Officer
Education Achievement and Enrichment
Education and Skills
Telford & Wrekin Council
6A Darby House
The closing date for receipt of applications is:
Thursday 29th September 2022 at 5 p.m.
Interview dates: Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th November 2022