Rough Sleeper Outreach/Inreach Worker
37.0 Hours per Week
2-year fixed term contract
We have 2 new exciting vacancies available in our new Rough Sleeper Outreach Team.
As a Rough Sleeper Outreach/In-reach worker you will work with individuals who are rough sleeping and those at risk of rough sleeping.
You will be part of a successful and motivated staff team, this is a rewarding position for anyone who has a positive belief in their own ability to support and enrich the lives of our vulnerable adults.
Solihull shares the Government’s ambition to end rough sleeping by 2025, To realise this ambition the Council have been successful in securing external funding and has brought its rough sleeper service in-house to improve and expand the scope of what we can do to engage with and support people who are rough sleeping.
In this role you will provide a compassionate and supportive outreach response to service users, to rough sleepers, single homeless people and those at risk of homelessness, including carrying out regular assertive outreach. To work and support individuals to access accommodation and support services, build local pathways and processes to ensure rough sleepers can access accommodation and avoid becoming entrenched in a street culture. This work will be achieved firstly through assertive outreach to those on the streets but also work towards more in-reach work to ensure that any accommodation secured is sustained by proactive ongoing help and support.
To be successful you will have:
- Grade C (4) or above GCSE English & Maths or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in a homelessness sector or housing related field.
- Experience of working with vulnerable or homeless people or rough sleepers, case co-ordination and assessment, support planning and outreach.
- Experience of and a commitment to, working positively in partnership with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Ability to work flexible hours as local need will require early mornings, evening and weekend working, when needed.
- Current and valid driving licence with access to a car.
In return we can offer:
- A friendly, supportive, and inclusive working environment.
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities.
- Flexible working options including home working. This will include benefitting from the implementation of our new Smarter Ways of Working, reflecting that work is what you do and not necessarily where you go to do it. Whilst your office location will at The Core you will be able to work from other locations around the borough and from home, as appropriate.
- Annual leave starting at 24 days and rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service with 8 public holidays and the opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional days holiday per year.
- A generous flexitime scheme (available for most roles) with up to 24 days flexitime allowed per year.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A range of family and carer friendly policies.
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme, confidential Employee Assistance Programme and staff discounts.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Sophie Perrett, Rough Sleeper Coordinator, on 07500107824 or email email@example.com.
Interview Date: Thursday, 18th August 2022
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Required .
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Adults & Childrens .
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job description and person specification