Service Improvement Manager
Scale PO2 £36,370 - £39,570 per annum
37 hours per week - Permanent
Based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park, WR3 8SP
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service’s HMICFRS Service Improvement Manager (SIM) provides the single point of contact (SPOC) for our HMICFRS Service Liaison Lead (SLL). They lead on communication to/from, and requests from, HMICFRS and ensure that we have a direct route into HMICFRS for any day-to-day queries as well as helping to prepare the Service for inspection.
The HMICFRS SIM takes the lead on all HMICFRS inspection activity, receiving (and directly responding to) correspondence from the SLL and HMI.
The SIM co-ordinates post-inspection activity and maintains the HMICFRS inspection action / improvement plan challenging, interrogating and advising leaders on the content of the action plans. In addition, the SIM is responsible for the delivery of service improvement with special responsibility for ensuring the Service responds to the outcomes from learning within the sector, through the Business Planning process.
The post holder will lead and work across departmental boundaries in an agile and flexible manner, embedding continual improvement by creating an environment of collaborative working and organisational learning as a result of inspection activity. A full job description and person specification for the role can be found attached to this advert.
Reasons to Join Us
• 28 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 33 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
• Access to a local government pension scheme.
• Flexi-time and homeworking scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
• Free car parking at Service headquarters and across our 25 fire stations
• Access to restaurant facilities and an on-site gym
• Access to the Blue Light Card – the UK’s largest Emergency Services discount card