Air Quality & Climate Change Engagement Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join our dynamic and friendly Pollution Control Team here at Sandwell Council in the Heart of the West Midlands.
We are expanding our team to support the goals of both our 2020-2025 Air Quality Action Plan as well as our key climate change strategy objective of achieving a carbon net zero borough by 2041. To help meet these commitments we need to be actively visiting and engaging with our residents, communities and wider stakeholders to deliver a wide variety of air quality and climate change projects and initiatives.
As our Air Quality and Climate Change Engagement Officer, you will:
- Join a proactive team and have an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role.
- Work across a range of areas and settings including schools, businesses and community organisations.
- Assist with the delivery of existing local air quality and climate change projects, as well as supporting the development of new initiatives and projects
- Be innovative and forward-thinking both in your approach to your work as well as developing relationships with a wide range of colleagues across the council and with other stakeholder organisations.
- Take forward project work and work well with others both in the team as well as amongst your wider contacts. You must also be self-motivated as well as having the ability to successfully motivate others.
- Be based at Sandwell Council House in Oldbury and have the ability to travel independently around the borough several days a week, but with the flexibility of home working where appropriate.
- Participate in occasional evening and weekend work to support the delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Enthusiasm and passion to protect our natural environment and a real desire to do more to educate people about local air quality and how we can slow down climate change.
- Recent experience of working with people in a variety of settings including schools, businesses and local community organisations.
- Enjoy being out and about meeting new people and being confident when presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- A good team player but also happy to work independently.
- Hold a relevant degree or HND level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development.
Our offer to you:
We are committed to the development of everyone in our team and we want you to grow your skills and confidence with us. We will support you through regular 1-2-1s, team meetings and away days as well as via our appraisal reviews where we can identify relevant training and continuous professional development opportunities for you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Elizabeth Stephens on 07814 268128 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
Interviews to be held week commencing 12th September
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs