Business Support Officer
Business Support Officer
£19,650- £20,043 per annum
37 hrs per week
Are you looking for a challenge, and a diverse range of work? Do you want to work in an innovative, positive team that shapes and develops the places we live and work in?
Working in our dedicated and motivated Business Support team this is an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Officer to play a valued role in our success. You will provide business support functions spanning across the team as well as working with our World Heritage Site Coordinator to create, design content for Social Media platforms and research content for and update web pages.
The role will involve working alongside and as part of the overall Development Management team which delivers planning services as well as Highways Development Management, Ecology, Conservation, Healthy Spaces and Building Control.
You will be based in Telford - a destination of vibrant places and experiences where people love to live, work and play. Sitting in the heart of Shropshire, Telford is the gateway between the Midlands and Wales. Rich in heritage and natural beauty, the borough has a vibrant town centre that’s currently expanding and a 450 acre town park with numerous leisure facilities;
Working alongside our busy Development Management Planning Officers and Specialists, the post holder will play a role in achieving the highest standards in the services we provide. Joining an experienced team, you will need to have the passion, determination and ambition to make a difference within Telford & Wrekin Council in order to deliver the very best for our residents, businesses and communities through an excellent planning service.
Being part of the Development Management team will ensure you will be play a part in the development and creation of creative and positive places for those who live and work in Telford, building a safe and sustainable environment for future generations to enjoy
The post holder will provide Business Support functions across the full range of services offered by the Development Management Team, and support the World Heritage Site Coordinator with the creation, design and delivery of marketing material and the development of online services and social media channels.
• The post holder must have good IT and keyboard skills.
• Effective communication with the team and contacts across the Council.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to provide accurate and timely administrative support in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ability to deal with customers in a professional, courteous and unbiased manner, to provide a high quality customer service.
• Good communication skills: both oral and written, to be able to explain service policy and procedures and communicate decisions/requirements effectively to customers.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet or exceed personal and team targets.
• Ability to work and make decisions, within prescribed procedures, with minimum supervision.
For further information please contact Katie Wilde on 01952 380380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the online application form as CVs will not be accepted.
We are committed to equality and diversity.