Business Support Officer - Fostering team
1 day left
Job Title: Business Support Officer - Fostering Team
Salary: £11.70 to £12.91 an hour
Location: County Hall, Worcester
As a Business Support Officer in the Fostering Team, your main duties & responsibilities will include:
- Provide the first point of contact for service users, staff from partner organisations and colleagues and determine how matters can be most effectively progressed from this first contact.
- Provide advice to service users to enable them to access services from Children’s Services and partner organisations.
- Progress work activities within specific projects and tasks delegated by the Team Manager to contribute to the effectiveness of the service.
- Collate and prepare the presentation of performance data relating to service activities. Initiate work, for example case file audits, in support of the scrutiny of service performance.
- Undertake specific, service projects/tasks including investigation, identification, research and collation of information.
- Handle a range of administrative work in support for the service including the drafting and preparation of documents, writing minutes, preparing power point presentations, handling enquiries coming into the service, organising meetings.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake other such duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
- The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Working with some vulnerable children, young people and adults can, at times, be emotionally challenging for which appropriate support will be provided through management supervision. The post holder must be able to deal with such mental demands.
In return, you can look forward to (per annum, pro rata for part-time) :
• 25 days holiday (potential to match up to 30 days), plus bank holidays
• Greener Car Scheme & Bike Scheme
• Commitment to ongoing professional development and training
• Excellent opportunities for career progression
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Access to a range of leisure, fashion, travel and lifestyle discounts
There are 7.6m working age people who have a disability or health condition. We’re tapping into this talent pool.
If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please let us know.
Worcestershire County Council is committed to promoting equality and diversity and ensuring that all appointments are made based on the suitability of a candidate to the role only.
In line with the "Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, we do not automatically reject applicants with a criminal record. Every application will be considered individually, considering the nature and circumstances of the conviction and the type of work applied for. You will not be asked to disclose 'spent' convictions unless the work requires access to children and vulnerable adults.
Applications are invited to apply for this role.
Please find the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Please write your submission with consideration for the essential and desirable criteria on the Person Specification. This should include examples why you should be considered; the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post.
Application Closing Date: Friday 12th August 2022
Anticipated Interview Date: Wednesday 24th August 2022