Assistant Headteacher - Whitley Academy
LEADERSHIP SCALE (11-15) £54,091 - £59,581
Starting January 2023
Whitley Academy, Abbey Road, Coventry CV3 4BD
Finham Park Multi Academy Trust is a growing organisation, which is currently made up of 7 schools across Coventry and Warwickshire of which Whitley Academy is the most recently affiliated. The Primary and Secondary schools in Finham Park MAT will set out to pioneer, innovate and deliver a “World Class” education for all.
At Whitley Academy we aim to build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. We are committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Whitley Academy to join the Senior Leadership Team as an Assistant Headteacher. This is a new role, currently with a particular focus on Support, Inclusion and SEND and the successful candidate would be leading on the operational, day to day, support for students in terms of behaviour, inclusion and SEND. Responsibilities would include the line management of: Heads of House; SENDCo; TEFL Co-ordinator. A willingness to undertake the National Award for SEN Co-ordination would be desirable in order to best support the line management and leadership of the SENDCo and SEND team. Whilst this is the particular focus initially, the Job Descriptions is typical of all AHT roles at Whitley Academy to reflect the skills required and duties typical of that level of leadership. Roles and responsibilities within the Senior Leadership Team are reviewed and can be rotated to provide professional development, succession planning and to meet the needs of the school as directed by the Headteacher.
If you would like to have an informal conversation with Bernadette Pettman, Headteacher, to discuss the potential for this role, please contact: 0743 609 1214 / firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The successful candidate must be:
- A successful leader with the potential to become “World Class”; a willing and capable learner who believes in our vision for the school and who will inspire and empower others to share in achieving it.
- Be able to inspire and motivate students and staff, ensuring all are valued and supported to be the best they can be.
- Passionate about making a difference for every child.
- Resilient with a strong personal drive.
- Motivated to develop their leadership skills and specialisms across several areas of school life
- Values driven, to “be the best you can be”.
We will offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed.
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations and aspirations for all of our students.
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace.
- Frequent opportunities to collaborate with teachers and support staff from the other schools in the MAT to develop and share best practice.
- A vibrant, modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
If you are ambitious, enjoy a challenge and are a committed team player, this important role in our school could be the ideal opportunity for you. We look forward to receiving your application. Please ensure your supporting statement sets out why you feel that you are suitable for this role and includes demonstrable impact of your leadership and achievements in at least one of the key areas outlined in the job description.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th September 2022 @ 9am
Interview date: W/c Monday 19th September 2022
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. If you would like to arrange a visit to the school or have an informal discussion with the Headteacher, Bernadette Pettman, telephone 0743 609 1214 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below application pack available to download. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Finham Park Multi Academy Trust, Torrington Avenue, Coventry CV4 9WT
For further information on this role and other opportunities within the MAT, please visit https://careers.fpmat.co.uk
Whitley Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.