Teaching Assistant - Knypersley First School
Knypersley First School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced temporary full time (term time) Teaching Assistant as soon as possible in September 2022. This is full time for 30hrs grade 4, plus PPA cover of 2.5hrs grade 7 per week.
You must be experienced in working with primary aged children in a school setting and would ideally hold a level 3 qualification or equivalent.
You will need to demonstrate:
• Your ability to work as part of a very enthusiastic team
• Commitment, flexibility and energy
• Excellent behavioral management skills
• A knowledge of the national curriculum and assessment
• To be willing to undertake suitable training for your own professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
• assisting in maintaining classroom discipline through the implementation of the schools behavior management strategies
• providing support to pupils to achieve learning goals e.g. leading guided reading and other small group work.
• supervising pupils for a particular curriculum activity under the guidance of a qualified teacher
• assisting the teacher with the planning of learning activities
• assisting with the day to day routines of a classroom
• assisting the teacher in monitoring pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Planning and Leading curriculum lessons to cover PPA sessions.
The closing date for this post will be 12.00pm 31st August 2022 and interviews/observations will take place week commencing 5th September 2022.
Please contact the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org with your application.
"This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.