Senior Resource Worker
Job title: Senior Resource Worker
Salary: £29174-£33486 (includes 2SCP) per annum
Location: Hawthorns Resource Centre
Contract & Working pattern: Permanent | Full time | 37 hours per week
We’re looking for an appropriately experienced, skilled and motivated person to work as a Senior Resource Worker within a specialist and demanding service area. The centre offers a range of short breaks for young people with learning disabilities.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a proven track record of effective support and management practice, working with children & young people with a wide variety of specialised needs. As the Senior Resource Worker you’ll fulfil all the necessary requirements under the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015. Along with the Quality Standards for Children’s Homes 2015 and associated frameworks and legislation relevant to the improvements of outcomes for looked after children.
What you’ll bring
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Caring for Children and Young People, and desirably NVQ L4 or QCF L5 in Management or you’d be happy to undertake the qualification on appointment.
Please note on occasion in residential care there is a need to only accept applicants from a particular protected characteristic. As per the exceptions under the Equality Act 2010 there is an occupational requirement for this role to be fulfilled by someone aged 22 years or over. The reason being that we are legally required to ensure that anyone appointed is at least 4 years older than our oldest resident. Therefore, we will only be able to progress applications from candidates aged 22 years or over. Details of the exception referred to can be found here Equality Act 2010 (legislation.gov.uk)
Our offer to you
Staffordshire County Council has one of the largest Children’s Services in England and is rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted which offers great opportunities to progress your career here. We’re known for our supportive approach, and we want everyone here to have real purpose in their work and a good work life balance to have time to do the things they enjoy.
Here’s just some of the benefits we have here at Staffordshire:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave.
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- New benefits platform Vivup offering discounts and many lifestyle benefits via an app
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button. If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing Date: 7th August 2022
Interview Date: Asap following the closing date
For more information about the role please contact: Zou Mohammed on 01543 579820
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria of the position.