Student Progression Mentor
Student Progression Mentor
Job Reference: PV21- 101
Location: Penkridge Middle School, Penkridge
Employer: Penk Valley Academy Trust
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th September 2022
Interview: September 2022
Start date: September/ October
Salary: Grade 5- starting salary £17,330.00 (actual salary)
Hours & Working Weeks: 37 hours, Term time (39.2 working weeks)
About the Role:
Penkridge Middle is a popular and oversubscribed school set in extensive grounds with a strong and embedded ethos. We are looking for a kind, committed and dedicated Student progression Mentor to join our team to support our children. The purpose of the role is to promote and improve standards of behaviour and support the welfare of students.
The successful candidate will:
- Under the direction of the SENCo raise the levels of achievement of students who have SEND needs and deliver a range of interventions to support the academic and pastoral development of the students.
- To work collaboratively with the teacher
- Working in classes under the direction of a teacher supporting small groups or providing one to one focused support
- Preparing and organising resources to support small group teaching and specialist interventions as required across the 4-year groups
- Supporting the work of year leaders by undertaking administrative work
- If you would like to engage in wider school life there is an opportunity to contribute to after-school club activities, for which payment is in addition to the stated salary.
- Access to first class CPD opportunities.
- Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 7 schools within the academy
- Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension - automatic enrolment into the to the Local Government Pension Scheme one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
We take a collaborative view of learning where good practice is shared through structured INSET programmes within school and across the Trust. You will join a friendly team.
Being part of Penk Valley Academy Trust:
Penk Valley Academy Trust is the local academy Trust for the following schools: Marshbrook First School, Princefield First School, St John’s First School, St Mary & St Chad CE First School, Penkridge Middle School, Wolgarston High School and The Rural Enterprise Academy.
The Trust’s vision and ethos is encapsulated in our motto ‘Learning Together’. Our main aim is to work collaboratively and take collective responsibility for ensuring that every child and young person in our Trust receives an excellent education, achieves high outcomes and realises their potential. All members of staff work incredibly hard to provide the very best education for every child in our care.
All completed application forms should be sent by email to HR@penkvalley.co.uk or FAO HR to the school address:
Penkridge Middle School
Application forms and job specification are available on the school website.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and responsibility. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All staff working in the School during the school day will have contact with children and will therefore be in regulated activity.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children.