Education and Outreach Manager
Sandwell Valley Country Park and the Green Spaces Service have an exciting new opportunity for an Education and Outreach Manager to join our team. Managing a small team of two people, and temporary school visits staff, you will work with our Sandwell Valley and Green Spaces teams to design and deliver an education and outreach programme for our farm (Forge Mill Farm), countryside and wildlife, forestry education, and horticulture.
This will include delivering a programme of school visits linked to the national curriculum, a programme of out of school hours education activities and outreach, and developing our education resources for green spaces. You will also work with our partners, including colleges, adult education, and inclusive services, to develop and manage relationships that enhance our education offering.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of building a new and enhance education offer for Sandwell Valley and Green Spaces and delivering an innovative programme of activity for our residents, schools, and adult education.
You will be:
- Experienced in the design of education activity and programmes.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about the requirements of school visits and out of school hours education programmes.
- Passionate about green spaces, countryside and wildlife, and farm animals. Experience and knowledge of these areas is desirable, but passion is essential.
- Experienced in managing a team to deliver excellence in outputs and outcomes.
You will have:
- A Degree in an education-based subject or equivalent.
- Teaching and / or education training and experience.
- Level 3 supervisory qualification, or appropriate management experience and willing to gain this qualification.
You will also be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
For an informal discussion about this role, please email Alexandra_dunn@sandwell.gov.uk
37 hours per week
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/info/200233/jobs