Talk Community Engagement Officer
Talk Community Engagement Officer
Salary: 08HC £30,095-£34,373
Interview Date: 18/08/2022
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join our Talk Community Engagement team in Herefordshire. Talk Community is an all age system wide partnership approach focused on managing demand by linking three fundamental elements that promote and maximize independence and wellbeing within Herefordshire’s communities. Talk Community focuses on the strengths of people and communities; the place and space which those communities occupy; and the economy in which those communities work.
The successful candidate will be passionate about communications and engagement and the difference it makes, talented and creative with an eye for detail. We are looking for someone with the right skills who can join us and hit the ground running in this varied and challenging role, working to support the local community.
The role is a key part of the Talk Community team; advising and delivering communications and engagement support to key strategic programmes; supporting the development of communications plans, toolkits and compelling copy for internal and external channels. Identifying innovative and creative ways of engaging with our communities and promoting, our brand, supporting in a wide range of communication and engagement activities, including the development and delivery of events.
This is a very varied, fast paced role and we need someone who can roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, demonstrating delivery-level aptitude and can-do attitude.
We need someone with the following attributes:
• Strong working knowledge of website management, social media, marketing and promotions
• Creative independent thinker, confident in presenting new ideas
• Excellent eye for detail
• Experience of stakeholder management
• Communicates clearly, confidently and appropriately using the best tools and methods for the task
• Proficient in managing and prioritising a demanding work programme to tight timescale
This role is subject to a DBS check
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• Holidays: 25 days per year, increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Pension: LGS pension scheme
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
• We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org