Streetscene and Regulatory Services, Support & Technical Services are responsible for providing a day to day service for Whitley Depot Management, Streetpride, including Coombe Abbey Park, War Memorial Park and City Centre, Park Services, Urban Forestry and Passenger Transport.Our Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
We are looking for an Administrative Officer to work under the general direction of the Team Leader and the Whitley Depot & Operational Facilities Manager, to be responsible for the day to day delivery of administrative support to Streetscene and Regulatory Services.
This is a permanent position working 22.5 hours a week (Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays).
Streetscene and Regulatory Services, Support & Technical Services are responsible for providing a day to day service for Whitley Depot Management, Streetpride, including Coombe Abbey Park, War Memorial Park and City Centre, Park Services, Urban Forestry and Passenger Transport.Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone:
- Good knowledge of IT packages and systems to support word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation of documents
- Knowledge of a range of office systems and procedures
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal to deal with members of the public and establish rapport with colleagues and team members
- Experience in a wide range of clerical and administrative work (digital and manual)
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview dates 16th & 17th August
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and it was the UK City of Culture 2021. We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons as you can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Opportunity for Salary Match and Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks
- Lifestyle savings
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes; Car Scheme, Cycle to work and more
- Interest free travel loans
- Payroll giving scheme
- Workplace parking scheme
- Maternity, paternity and adoption Leave
- And much more