Youth Justice Worker x 3
Our recent Ofsted inspection confirmed we’ve changed and we would love to welcome you along for the ride.
Is it the exceptional benefits? The truly flexible approach to hybrid working? The generous holiday allowance? The pay and package that sets us apart?
Truth is, it’s all of these and more, but it’s really about our people. When people join the team at Sandwell they say it feels like they become part of the family…they have #ComeHomeToSandwell. With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our Family.
Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts and the 12 reasons to work for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for three Youth Justice Workers within Sandwell working closely with young people to support them in ensuring they are compliant with both court orders and out of court disposals to reduce the risk of offending. To work closely with children and young people to ensure they have access to the right services within our communities.
Safeguarding and Public Protection responsibilities are a fundamental part of this role and must be upheld in line with policies and procedures.
The Youth Justice Workers (hybrid working) will responsible for:
- Adhere to the YJB Performance Management Framework including national standards. It is essential to this post that you have a sound working knowledge of National Standards processes and evidence-based practice.
- Manage caseload and ensure reviews are completed at least every 3 months
- To ensure the safeguarding of children and young people on your caseload is paramount, ensuring appropriate referrals are made to specialist services and child protection teams. This includes the timely completion of Risk, Safety and Wellbeing Management Plans which includes Risk of Serious Harm
- Insure Information systems are kept up to date.
- To deliver direct work/ creative interventions to young people on a 1:1 basis or in smalls groups if appropriate
- Attend court and represent the Youth Justice Service if and when required (training will be provided)
- Maintaining the health and safety of employees
- To liaise with other agencies in relation to the welfare and risk factors of young people on their caseload. This will include attendance at appropriate meetings and the need to refer on to other agencies when required.
- To actively promote Best value principles of continuous improvement and excellence in service provision.
- National Qualification in youth related subject/social worker and/or a minimum of 3 years professional experience in a youth justice setting or YOT with case management experience
- 12 months experience of working with young people and their families
- Experience of working as part of a Multi-agency team preferably in youth justice or related setting
- Experience in court work
- Experience of using any of the Youth Justice System’s/databases (preferably Childview) and basic computer skills
- Experience of using ASSET plus assessment package
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our teams at Sandwell Children’s Trust are all amazing, they inspire great ideas, drive new plans forward and help to make Sandwell Children’s Trust a fantastic place to work. We ensure that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the community we serve.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
To apply please click on the apply button below
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised closing date if a large number of applications have been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to discuss this position further, please email Aneshah Gordon - Deputy Service Manager at Aneshah_Gordon@sandwellchildrenstrust.org