Asset & Compliance Officer
IT Asset & Compliance Officer
GR4 £28,226 - £35,336
Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours 36.5.hrs per week
Location 10 Woodcock Street, Birmingham
As an IT Asset & Compliance Officer, you will be joining a multidisciplinary team at the heart of transforming public services for the UK’s second largest city. We create, develop, deliver and operate an exceptionally diverse range of services that have a direct impact on improving the lives of £1.2m residents everyday.
This is an exciting time to be joining the Digital and Customer Service team of Birmingham City Council, Europe’s largest local government.
Birmingham City Council has launched its refreshed Digital Strategy 2022, setting out the Council’s vision for fostering Digital Inclusion and the generation of Social Value through Technology for the City and citizens of Birmingham. The Council are planning to implement an internally managed “Digital Hardware Redistribution Hub” for the redistribution of digital hardware to Charities, Community Groups and Citizens within the City of Birmingham.
Under this proposed redistribution function, the Council will, for both Council-owned assets and assets donated by organisations and partners throughout the City, cleanse and repurpose Digital Devices prior to redistribution to applicant individuals and organisations, with the aim of generating Social Value and Digital Inclusion. This new operating provision will form the basis of delivering on the Council’s aims for redistribution of IT and Digital Hardware throughout the City, helping to deliver the targeted aim of distributing 5,000 repurposed Digital Devices to City Community Members and Partners over a Two-Year period, as part of the delivery of the Council Digital Strategy 2022.
What you will do
As an Asset & Compliance Officer you will be a part of a team of 3 and be expected to the lead distribution of the digital devices directly or in collaboration with the relevant parties as appropriate:
• To ensure robust operational processes and data are maintained to ensure best customer care for the Citizens of Birmingham and provide support and training for staff
• Liaison with Charitable Organisations
o Assessing Demand / Requirements
o Meet and Greet
• Database Management
• Technical ability to troubleshoot both Hardware and Software.
• Liaison with external Software Companies as and where required
• Supervision of teams.
You’ll have the opportunity to
● Develop your career, gain new skills and experience
● Share and learn from others including from a range of specialists and innovation partners
● Help build up communities of practice in your area of expertise
● Shape, be bold and take responsibilities as we transform as a truly digital, user-centred enterprise
We’ll support you with
● An environment that values curiosity, autonomy and working in the open
● An engaged and supportive leadership with a clear vision
● Training & Development opportunities to help you progress
● An inclusive workplace committed to reflecting the public we serve
● A benefit package designed to promote a great work/life balance
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
For informal enquires please contact Gary Tope, Senior IT Technician via email on email@example.com
Closing Wednesday, 11th August 2022 12 Noon
You must upload a Supporting Statement via the miscellaneous attachment on to your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered. Please do not attach CVs as we do not accept them.
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed. Non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may need to apply for a visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council for a skilled worker visa (if the job is eligible).
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification